Cable stockings are an effective means of handling cable that needs to be pulled, attached or secured. (They are also known as cable grips, cable pullers, cable socks, wire rope pulling grips, woven grips or Chinese finger grips.)
The cable stocking is constructed to fit onto a wire rope or cable, becoming the attachment point to assist with pulling or hauling the cable and/or anchoring it during an installation process. Designed to grip all types of bare cables without any end fittings, our cable stockings are engineered so they will not damage these bare cables when they are pulled.
Wire Aid cable stockings are used in a number of industries including mining, construction, electrical, maritime and telecommunications. Applications are varied – ranging from fibre optic installations to crane maintenance; and supporting cables in high-rise buildings to hauling power cables on industrial and mining equipment.
We cater for both:
- standard size cable stockings – to suit cable diameters from 8mm to 140mm; and
- special orders – where we manufacture specific sized stockings for your individual needs as required.
These are available in a range of single eye, twin eye, offset eye, lace up and open ended configurations.
Single-eye cable stocking
- The most widely used cable stocking – our best seller!
- Tubular woven covering, one open end, other end closed with single eye.
- Designed to pull the cable by its end.
- Often used to install overhead and underground lines.
- Applications – electrical, hydraulic, crane, construction sites etc.
Twin-eye cable stocking
Offset-eye cable stocking
- Tubular woven covering – ‘open’ design with offset eye at one end.
- Can be fitted any distance from the end of the cable and is designed so cable can be passed clear through.
- Applications – mining, industrial, maritime, e.g. support for electrical cable and hoses (hydraulic and other), strain relief on trailing supply lines.
Note: This cable stocking needs to be fitted prior to any bulky terminations being attached to the hose or cable and it can not be removed once these are applied. Should always be fitted with a thimbled eye to prevent chafing at the load bearing point as it is a permanent component.
Twin-eye lace up cable stocking
Open-ended cable stocking
I would like to thank you for your very prompt service and competitive pricing we received on our recent contract order. This was above and outside the service your company normally gives us which is exceptional. Once again I thank you on behalf of our company and look forward to continuing our partnership in the future.